Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Overnight in Copan

Hola Amigos. I'm here in Copan, an amazing ancient Mayan city in western Honduras. If you ever come to Honduras, stop here. I stayed at an old hotel where Jane and I have stayed before, Los 'Gemelos, the twins. The owner Mafalda, is like your grandma. She keeps a garden in the center courtyard. I ate this morning at " Llama de los Bosques" run by another grandma, it's plain she likes you because she feeds you so well. I'm going to walk over to the ruins. It's like a big park, you can imagine the crowds of mayans gathered around the ball court their faces painted, waving flags, cheering and chanting fight songs. I hope to post some pictures after I get a little technical assistance. Later today I will hop on a bus for Antigua, Guatemala and a reunion with Jane. Dios les bendiga! God bless you! Gilberto.

No comments: