Sunday, March 29, 2009

Last Week. Tegucigalpa

Hola Amigos, I've been staying at my friends, The McCalls, the past week. We're setting up to live in the house next door. It needs the electricity hooked up but otherwise it'll be a good base for us. Close to our friends and not far from the children's home where Jane and I will be working. It's out in the country, a tranquil setting. This last week I visited the children's home, the schools, and the neighborhoods where we'll be and talked to staff and a group of women about a series of health talks I'm preparing. They gave me some good suggestions. I did a health talk at the school on how to keep from spreading disease, what microbes are, and good handwashing. I even got to do a devotional for the Honduran staff. I talked about the psalms, how they are personal conversations with God and we took some time to write our own psalms. Here's one I wrote. " Thankyou God. You refresh me like a cool breeze. Like a drink of water you revive me. I can go on through the desert. Through dry land, I keep walking. Till I come to you. You are my green pasture." Please pray as we get started on our work and build new friendships. Yes, and safety on the road. I'm headed for Guatemala by bus on Monday to rejoin Jane for a couple of weeks. Til later. Gilberto.

No comments: