Thursday, March 12, 2009

Honduras Bound

I'll be heading off for Honduras tomorrow. Big changes. I wrapped things up at work ( couldn't get a LOA for 6 months so I left my job, I'll check back though when I get back to see if they missed me). We found some friends, Steve and Laura Lympus and their little boy Theo who will be renting our house while we're gone. Still looking for a renter for our place near Port Townsend. I'm trying to pack and move a lot of our stuff out of the way ( to basement and obscure storage areas). If I missed saying goodbye to you, please accept this as me waving to you from the plane. I am going to miss you... I will be with the AGROS team from our church, Bethany Presbyterian. There are 9 of us who will be helping our Honduran farmer friends in Nuevo Amanecer, a small community near Siguatepeque who are working for their own land. We'll likely be helping with construction since a number of new families are joining the 13 who are already there. After the team returns to the US, I will go up to Tegucigalpa where Jane and I will be helping LAMB, a local Honduran ministry to families and kids in that city. Jane will be doing counseling and I will be working in health education. Gotta get back to work. Til later. Gil

No comments: