Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Return to Honduras

Hola amigos! Yes we are returning to Honduras! We fly out of SeaTac on Friday. Jane and I are joining 8 friends from Bethany Presby. on a service team to support our brothers and sisters in Nuevo Amanecer as they continue their efforts to earn their own land and support their families by farming. We will be catching up on what's been going on as well as assisting with planting and irrigation projects. Assuring a stable supply of water for their farms and families is a big issue right now and we're working to raise funds for drilling a well. 

I'm excited to see our friends again. It's been a year and a half since I saw them last. This is the first team Jane's been on, so she's a little nervous. I'm just getting things packed together. Sprayed my clothes to discourage mosquitoes. Nothing like a trip to the tropics to get you asking those questions " When was your last typhoid shot?" We plan to visit Panama later so we need a stronger anti-malarial... Who knew?

I will try to add to my blog while we're down there. Do send me your questions. I'll do my best to fill you in. We appreciate your prayers and good wishes.Til later! 

Gilberto

Lamentations 3:22-25. God is good to those who wait on him.

No comments: