Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Costa Rica

Hi All

Trip down went well. Was able to see my sister while on lay over. Somehow she`is managing with 40 kids 4 to 5 years old in her class. One of those Texas charter schools. It was great seeing her, it has been 4 years.

I got into San jose 4 hours before Jane. I had not seen her for 2 weeks! When you connect with someone after being apart so long and so far it seemed to me a miracle to find her in all that space and time. I was very happy to see her.

we are way down south in Costa Rica. the bus ride was 8 hours. We found a great place to stay in Pto. Jimenez "Cabines The Corner", managed by a lovely grandmother, Berta. Today we took a Collectivo, a cattle truck with seats, over miles of rough dirt road. I was standing the whole way. I have more sympathy for cows than ever before. We then hiked out to Cabo Matapalo, which is a favorite for surfers and naturalists, several long stretches of beautiful and almost deserted beaches. We saw monkeys, squirrel monkeys, white-face m., and howlers. Brown pelicans, herons, parrots, even a hummingbird that was taking a bath in a creek.

More later the computer use time is up.

Hasta la manana, Gilberto.

No comments: