Monday, May 11, 2009

Getting Busy

Hola Hermanos y Hermanas, We're into the thick of it , this week. Jane has been meeting with staff of the school and children's home. The Children's home has been needing a psychologist since January and the School's psychologist is going on maternity leave in June. Jane's working to set up groups for kids that really need help. I'm getting our place together- some safety and plumbing issues mostly. I'm doing my first health talk to a mothers group, on skin care- preventing infection, dealing with problems like rashes and sunburn, etc. They want me to do a talk to the kids on respect for animals. I've been thinking about working with some of the older kids (8-12) taking them on nature hikes, a chance to teach respect for the earth, so this fits right in. I was on the bus hitting the hardware stores. Haven't gotten too lost or missed many stops, people have been really helpful getting me pointed in the right direction. Jane and I celebrated our 13th anniversary Sunday. What an adventure! Thanks so much for your prayers. We're looking to find a church close by, where we can build friendships. We learned just yesterday of Maxine's going home. When she let her light shine, it went off like a roman candle. What energy. What warmth. What sparks. I think God used her in a major way to link Bethany to our African brothers and sisters. We'll miss her terribly... still... I can just see her, in bright colors, "marching in the light of God". Til later, Gil.

No comments: